Overview of the Directorate office
The office of HIV/AIDS prevention and controlling Directorate was established in 2010, with the aim to control and prevent the distribution of HIV/AIDS and to raise the awareness about HIV among Dilla University community.
Major activities of the office are;
- Supporting HIV/AIDS victims and their families.
- identifying challenges faced by students of the University issues related with HIV/AIDS and providing solution
- following-up and coordinating supports provided to students by the University and other stakeholders
- raising the awareness of the University community on existing HIV/AIDS issues within the University in collaboration with other offices
- establishing linkage with national and international governmental or non-governmental stakeholders working on HIV/AIDS issues
- initiating and/or strengthen services to groups with special needs
- Creating networking with other similar offices in higher education institutions for experience sharing and other collaborative initiatives; and others.
Accountability: The office of HIV/AIDS prevention and controlling Directorate accountable to the President’s Office.
Desta Ajula (Acting Director)