Women and Youth Affairs Office
The office of Women and youth affaires office were established in 2010, with the aim to see an institution where gender equality is realized and empowerment of women is attained. .
Major activities of the office are;
- mainstreaming gender in the teaching-learning, training, research activities, and community service of the University
- identifying challenges faced by female students of the University and providing solution
- following-up and coordinating supports provided to female students by the University and other stakeholders
- raising the awareness of the University community on existing gender issues within the University in collaboration with other offices
- establishing linkage with national and international governmental or non-governmental stakeholders working on gender issues
- initiating and/or strengthen services to groups with special needs
- establishing and/or strengthen networking, partnership and think tank group on gender
- creating networking with other similar offices in higher education institutions for experience sharing and other collaborative initiatives; and others.
The corporate Women and Youth Affairs office is located at main campus of the university and operates centrally under the office of the President to which it is accountable. It has a direct working relationship with the focal persons at college levels and oversees their activities. The gender experts at the college level are accountable to the office of Women and Youth Affairs. All who are interested are welcome to join our office and combat gender inequality and support the success of our students.
Accountability: The Corporate Women and Youth Affairs Office is accountable to the President’s Office.
Office Phone: +251-463314221