University Internal Audit responsible for evaluating and enhancing the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes at the Dilla University.
The major activities of the University Internal Auditor are:
- Ensure adherence of the University to Internal Audits Standards of the Government of Ethiopia including the Code of Ethics and University policies and procedures;
- Supervise and lead the internal audit activities of the University;
- Develop a flexible annual audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by the management, and submit the plan to the President for review and approval as well as periodic updates;
- Implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including as appropriate; any special tasks or projects requested by the University management;
- Implement entrance conference and exit conference at the commencement and the end of the engagement respectively according to the approved audit plan;
- Arrange consultation forums for internal audit auditors on audit programs, field work and draft audit findings;
- Ensure advice on and approval of the audit reports of internal auditors and ensure that for each audit carried out there is a final audit report;
- Report audit findings to the President and to the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development’s inspection directorate;
- Consult with management of the University on internal audit and internal control;
- Maintain a professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, and experience to meet the requirements of the University; and
- Perform other duties as directed by the President.
Accountability: The internal Audit Office is accountable to the President’s Office.
- Director, Getachew Itiso
- Tel. Office: +251-461311212
- Mob: +251-994184429
- Office Location: Main Campus,